Apparently it’s a thing to crochet sweaters for turtles
So I accidentally discovered this picture while i was looking for cute things to crochet and THERE ARE ENTIRE BLOGS DEDICATED TO TURTLE COZIES.
THEY LOOK SO CUTE THEY HAVE NORMAL ONES
THEY HAVE ONES THAT LOOK LIKE FUCKING BOWSER
THEY HAVE ONES SHAPED LIKE ANIMALS
THEY HAVE ENTIRE BLOGS DEDICATED TO MAKING YOUR TURTLES LOOK LIKE FOOD
THE PUMPKIN IS SO CUTE BUT THIS GEM IS MY PERSONAL FAVORITE:
BUT HOW DO YOU CHOOSE A FAVORITE WHEN THEY’RE ALL SO CUTE
prove my general practitioner wrong. reblog if you love to sin or marinate in blood.
why you don’t see a lot of “nice” SJ bloggers:
- people take advantage of your niceness to exploit you as a “source” of information - bombarding you with questions/requests with no respect for your boundaries/limitations
- give you backhanded compliments on your niceness at the expense of less nice “unreasonable” feminists/activists/others in your group
- use your nice statements as arguments against less nice activists/ people in your group or to excuse/justify oppressive behavior
- take your niceness as an invitation to enter your space even if they have a bigoted mindset because they find your space comfortable/safe (making it less safe for you)
- use your niceness as the basis for creating a false “middle ground” on issues of oppression and/or painting oppressive behaviors as mere mistakes or as a “gray area”
- the things we are upset about or denounce are usually upheld and praised and we are working to counteract those messages and create spaces where those things are unacceptable/not upheld as ideal
- lastly, niceness in the oppressed is usually defined by the privileged as being docile/acquiescent- basically being complicit in or enabling oppression and activists are by definition not these things. see [x]
if i’m ever presenting myself as a “nice” trans person, it’s never because i actually want to. it’s because i’m protecting myself. i play “nice, safe, non-combative trans person” in my department because i have a six-year contract and that’s a long, long time for cis people who don’t understand to see me as angry, loud, and unnecessarily making waves. i’m sure that goes for a great deal of the “nice” members of marginalized groups you trot out when you need them.
they probably hate you. they probably hate being “nice” to you. you’re exploiting the fact that they have to protect themselves somehow.